Radio What Wave Playlist For Friday April 14th All Local Edition
Yet another all local edition as the Jack Richardson London Music Awards were held on Sunday. Our good pals Uranus were inducted into the Jack Richardson London Music Hall Of Fame.
- Fiends….Falling In Line….from their self titled debut CD and they were live to air on the March 31st edition of Radio WW.
- Boy From Nowhere….Wild In The Streets….live recording from 11/26/2016 at the Dawghouse here in London. Coincidentally, Boy From Nowhere was playing live at exactly this time at the Really Good, Good Friday show in Exeter Ontario.
- Boy From Nowhere….Tonight…. as above.
- Randall and the Rivieras….All Work And No Play….brand new demo from this band of long time London/Exeter gang of lunatics.
- Randall and the Rivieras….Drinkin’ From The Well…. As above
- TVD….I’d Kiss You Honey But You’re Standing On My Bottom Lip….from the recent Salvation Through Distraction CD.
- 63 Monroe…You Can’t See It….from the brand new Jeff LP from this longtime London combo.
- Mogs….Gravy Train….from a mid 90’s demo from this combo formed by the late Rob Munro. A couple of years back, Rob finally released this as a CD with a brand new band. Rob passed away not long after the release.
- Excelsior….Pornos….from the 2015 Punk Floyd EP.
- Terminal Wallys….City Saviour….from the 2007 CD, The New Old School. Street punk from the east end of London Ontario and proud of it.
- Bill Durst….Devil’s Man…..from a 7” on Axe Records from 1980. Bill was in Thundermug and still plays to this day.
- Marcellus Wallace…Dollar Bill….from a CD a couple of years back. Only got to see them once, opening for Barrence Whitfield and the Savages and both bands put on killer shows.
- Pacanomad…..Paranoid…from the recent Take It Slow CD. Caught them at the Aeolian Hall a couple weeks back and they put on a great show.
- Jim Ashby….Speed City….from a re-issue 7” on Speed City Records. Originally came out back in 1970.
- Frank Ridsdale….Little Red Riding Hood….from a live to air on Radio WW, 10/13/2016
- Feast Of The Mau Maus….Young Al Gleason…..from a live recording at Joe Kools, 7/84. Al Gleason was mayor of London many years ago.
- 10 Heads….Mood Elevator….from the Swimming and Singing CD from 2001. This band has re-formed with a couple of new members under the name 10 Heads On 10 and put on a great live show.
- J Geils…..It Ain’t Nothin’ But A House Party….from the 1973 Bloodshot LP. This goes out to guitarist J Geils who passed away earlier this week.
- J Geils….It Ain’t What You Do….from the 1971 The Morning After LP.
- J Geils….Love-it is….from the 1975 Hotline LP. Some may remember that Canadian white soul combo Mandala recorded this a few years prior to the J Geils version. Both are great party inducing originals.
- Bath Salts…Cool Like The Music…..from the recent Mardi Gras CD.
- Coaching For Sara…..These People….from the debut self titled Cd from last year. We had Coaching For Sara doing a live to air on Radio WW a couple months back.
- The Mongrols….Plastic Girl…from the Four Whom The Bell Tolls EP that came with What Wave zine #16 from 1988. Not to be confused with the present day Mongrels (note spelling difference)
- Uranus….Secret Agent Man…from their 1980 7” on Trilogy Records and Uranus were inducted into the Jack Richardson London Music Hall Of Fame on Sunday.
- B Girls….Fun At The Beach….from a 1979 7” on Bomp Records and features Londoner Marcy Saddy on the drums.
- The Thing From Outer Space….Apache…from their recent self titled debut CD.
- Dragsville…..Royal Drag….from a 2015 dowload and features a couple members of The Fine Print.
- Ruth’s Hat……Rock’n’Roll 2006….from the Nostalgic For Now CD from 2006.
- Condo Christ….Weekend Punx…from the 1986 CHRW compilation LP London Underground.
- The Terminals…..Spiderman….from their We Killed CD and this stopped about 10 seconds into the song for some odd reason.
- Heart Attack Kids….Eh Ok…from their EP on Speed City/ It’s Trash Records.
- The Finks….Now….from their self released single from 1987.
- The Zellots….Soldiers….from their 1980 demo recordings.
Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, facebook messages and Heys!!!! And a HUGE thanx to all at the UIC/Boy From Nowhere/Myrtle Earl show that came up to say how much they enjoyed last week’s show!!! All these kudos are really helping with my sanity right now!!!
Next week…..it’s gonna be another special; Teenage Rampage On A Seniors Discount!!!! Gonna screw the Canadian content and just play what I really love for one show only, and drool and rant about the songs/combos! You might hear music by such combos as; The Cramps, Flamin’ Groovies, Fleshtones and who knows what else.
Here’s a link to the archived show: